April 15, 2013

un-good


There was this game I used to play when I was 5 or 6. Whenever I came across something I didn’t like or scared me I’d repeat that word over and over and over again until it got completely meaningless and lost its force and couldn’t hold me down. It was a stupid game but it worked most of the time. Or so I remember. Some sort of customized mantra…

I found myself doing it again the other day. Trying to decompose something and make it go away.

cancercancercancercancercancercancercancercancercancercancercancercancercancercancercancercancercancercancercancercancercancercancercancercancercancercancercancer

Only this time it’s not working. I hate doctors who drop the bomb and then tell you “but dooon’t panic, let’s run some more tests first!”. With a smile on their face.

Am I scared? Yes. Terrified. 

2 comments:

georges said...

are you for real?

Lillian .... said...

are you really asking me this?